It takes a village
Palestine-Israel Action Resources:
- Sample minutes to share in monthly and yearly meetings
- Mazin Qumsiyeh’s list of 70 Ways to act for peace with justice (what YOU can do) and his Activist’s Manual
- List of recommended movies for Meeting movie nights
- List of recommended video clips
- List of recommended webinars
- “Demilitarize!” — an AFSC publication; Stop Israeli military training of U.S. police.
- QPIN Facebook page — Quakers working for a just, lasting peace via BDS and other projects.
- QPIN answers to BDS critics – Engaging Critics of BDS – A Resource for Activists
- Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions? Pendle Hill Pamphlet 445
- Blog by Palestine Israel Action Group (PIAG), a subcommittee of the Peace and Social Concerns Committee of Ann Arbor Friends Meeting. Includes:
- How to have conversations on Israel with others: US Boats to Gaza
- Beyond the Two-State Solution: Jonathan Kuttab. Breakthrough book on line.
- How I Learned to Speak Israel – An American’s Guide to a Foreign Policy Language: Alex McDonald (of QPIN). A story of conversion from believing in the Israel myths including history that is rarely shared in the U.S. and details of what is happening on the ground. (Reviews: Sam Bahour and Washington Report on Middle East Affairs)
- When They Speak Israel – A Guide to Clarity in Conversations about Israel: Alex McDonald. A reference guide for how to have conversations with people who believe in Zionist myths. An excellent reference with recommendations for how to respond to hasbara expressions like “Don’t you believe Israel has a right to exist,” “Criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic,” etc.
- Book reviews and articles on Palestine from Friends Journal.
Our FRIENDS AND Partners
- American Friends Service Committee
- AFSC Palestine-Israel initiatives
- No Way to Treat A Child – Campaign with Defense for Children International – Palestine (below) to end military detention of children.
- Gaza Unlocked – firsthand accounts from Palestinians living in Gaza, information about the blockade, and opportunities to make a difference
- Boycott Pillsbury – Part of the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions campaign – Pillsbury products are made in an industrial center on confiscated Palestinian land.
- Investigate – A resource for identifying company human rights violators.
- AFSC Palestine-Israel initiatives
- Jewish Voice for Peace — Building a strong, resilient Jewish community beyond Zionism.
- Deadly Exchange — JVP program to stop Israeli training of U.S. police departments.
- American Muslims for Palestine — Great lobbying days, actions, and educational programs.
- Code Pink – Actions for and trips to Palestine
- Defense for Children International – Palestine — Juvenile injustice. Statistics. Resources.
- No Way To Treat a Child — Monthly zooms re: H.R. 2590, to protect Palestinian children, families from Israeli military detention.
- Human Rights Watch – Put out a detailed report on Israeli apartheid.
- B’Tselem – Israeli human rights organization with excellent occupation coverage, reports and statistics.
- Palestinian BDS National Committee – The Palestinian organization asking for others to non-violently stand in solidarity for the rights of Palestinians.
- If Americans Knew – Excellent information source including great media analysis.
- Adalah Justice Project — Timely projects, crucial books, on-line links.
- US Boats to Gaza – (Member of the Gaza Freedom Flotilla Coalition)
- Rebuilding Alliance – Human rights organization getting aid into the occupied Palestinian territories and organizing congressional lobby visits.
- FOSNA – (Friends of Sabeel North America) A Christian organization promoting Palestinian Liberation Theology (vs. political, social, economic oppression and Christian Zionism).
- US Campaign for Palestinian Rights — News and activism.
- Quakers Advocating Justice for Palestine — New Englanders Organize.
- Palestine Portal — News from other PINS (Palestine-Israel Networks).
- Palestine Legal — Providing excellent information on US anti-Palestinian laws
- Voices from the Holy Land (VFHL) — Has monthly Online Film Salon where movies are shown followed by excellent panel discussions.